Last update: 17 December ‘09
- Review by CNET
Canon VIXIA HF200 is HD Flash Memory Camcorder with 15x Optical Zoom; featuring 3.3-MP camera, genuine Canon 15x HD video lens; SuperRange Optical Image Stabilizer, 1920 x 1080 Full HD recording; 24p Cinema Mode and 30p Progressive Mode.
Overall Rating: | Latest Price Info
Canon VIXIA HF200 Reviews
CNET reviews the Canon VIXIA HF200 and writes;
“The bottom line: While it’s more expensive than its sub-$600 competitors, the Canon Vixia HF20 and Vixia HF200 deliver a more extensive feature set for the extra money. The HF200, which lacks internal memory, is probably a better buy than the HF20, though the HF20’s all-black body is a bit classier looking.”
i4u reviews the Canon VIXIA HF200 and writes;
“For $750, the HF200 is probably the best HD camcorder you can buy at this price range. The video is very good, stills are better than decent, it reacts quickly, has OIS, and feels just right. The most affordable “real” HD camcorder we’ve tested is the $599 Sony HDR-CX100, but the HF200 is so much better, we’d definitely urge you to spend the extra cash. For the record, Samsung’s new HMX-R10 will be the cheapest at $499 when it arrives this summer. In the meantime, we hate to sound like a skipping CD, but Canon is really leading the camcorder pack in 2009.”
Infosyncworld reviews the Canon VIXIA HF200 and writes;
“The Vixia HF200’s 15x optical zoom was fairly impressive, given its size, though the tiny JVC Everio GZ-HD320 is capable of a substantial 20x optical zoom. However, comparing the GZ-HD320’s and Vixia HF200’s video qualities would be like comparing a 50cc scooter to a 1200cc Kawasaki ZRX sportbike..”
Canon VIXIA HF200 User Reviews
Have it, luv it by Pelaqic
“…The video quality is superb, as is ease of use. Here are a few hints and things I noticed. The battery out of the box will not power-on the camera and needs some minutes of charge to even show 0%. You can operate the camera from the charger but the battery is not being charged, says the manual…The still photo features are quite amazing. The resolution is 3 megapixels, but a very good 3mp! You can shoot continuously at 3 or 5 frames/sec. And you can shoot at the same fast frame rates with flash! The flash is actually a high-power white LED, not a xenon tube. There is a separate warm-white LED for video that works OK to 5-6 feet…”
“…The still image shot quality is quite good too, and it’s powered by the 15x optical lens(35mm equivalent: 39.5 – 592.5mm). It gives you a very handy telephoto camera and the image stabilization works very well on the long focus end too. Last weekend with this camera, I easily took some nice pictures of two bears far far away from me. Most of other HD camcorders only have 10x lens. …”
“…This camcorder is VERY small and light, and its true HD resolution means that it is hard to shoot without making jumpy videos, you need to hold it with 2 hands or more. The built-in stabilizer can only help so far, and will not save you from the butterfly effect: A wing beat on the other side of the planet WILL shake your video. On the other hand, nobody can see the difference if you shot your video drunk or sober, so enjoy the beer. I found a tripod helpful (when shooting from a static location is OK), any should do because the camcorder is so light….”
Canon VIXIA HF200 User Manual (PDF)
Click to view or right click and select Save Target As..(Firefox) or Save link as.. (IE) to download
– coming soon –
Canon VIXIA HF200 Features/Specifications
* Record crisp HD video directly to a removable SDHC memory card
* Genuine Canon 15x HD video lens; SuperRange Optical Image Stabilizer
* 1920 x 1080 Full HD recording; 24p Cinema Mode, 30p Progressive Mode
* Dual Shot for capturing both video and photos with ease
* HDMI terminal for easy, one-cable connectivity to your HDTV
* The Built-in Electronic Lens Cover means you never have to go looking for your lens cover again. Turn your camcorder on and the lens cover automatically opens. Turn it off, and the cover closes.
* USB 2.0 Hi-Speed Terminal for ultra-fast transfer of movies and photos.
* Compatible Optional Accessories available including the Wide Converter WD-H37II, Tele Converter TL-H37, Video Flash Light VFL-2 and High Capacity Battery Pack BP-827.
* Wireless Remote Control lets you operate your VIXIA HF200 from a distance, so you don’t have to be left out of the picture.
* 1 Year Parts and Labor Limited Warranty provides protection long after other manufacturers’ warranties expire.